If your work as a colorbird is your only source of income, you can state income tax class 1 on your monthly statement. If you have another job (which is not a mini-job) and is billed there under income tax class 1, you have to be in income tax class 6 at colorbirds. It is your responsibility to state the correct wage tax class on your monthly statement.

Overview of all wage tax classes (LSK):

LSK 1: Living alone

LSK 2: Single parents or those living separately who receive child benefit

LSK 3 and 5: Married (LSK 3 with the lowest deductions / LSK 5 with the highest deductions)

LSK 4: Married

SLK 6: Employees who are already being settled with another employer via SLK 1

If you still have a mini job as a student > 450 euros, please check whether you are billed at a flat rate by the mini job employer or via LSK. In the case of flat-rate taxation, you can work as a colorbird via LSK 1.

We use cookies and scripts on our website. Some of them are essential, while others help us to improve this website and your user experience with it.
You have the option to withdraw your consent at any time via the privacy policy.  Customize. Customize.
Accept All